This is one of my go-to healthy candy recipes. I make this when I am craving something sweet and chocolate to soothe my sweet tooth. This delicious “Candy” recipe is super easy to make and keeps in the fridge for about two weeks. I usually make a small batch at a time so that way I don’t eat them all in one sitting. You only need 5 ingredients for these… Here is what you will need.
5 Dates ( pitted and sliced in half but not completely leaving the bottom attached)
peanut butter ( or other types of nut or seed butter)
1 heaping tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp honey or another liquid sweetener
- Take your dates and cut one half of the side of the date to remove the pith and set aside. Do not cut the date completely in half.
- Using a spoon take a little of the nut/seed butter and place on the inside of the date and gently press the date closed but not completely together, leaving the nut/seed butter on the inside. Set aside until all of the dates are done.
- In a small container or bowl combine the melted coconut oil, sweetener of choice and the cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Using a fork place one date on the fork and into the chocolate mixture and move around until all of the dates are completely covered in the chocolate mixture.
- Place on a plate and let chill 10 minutes to set the chocolate on top.