This is one of my go-to healthy candy recipes. I make this when I am craving something sweet and chocolate to soothe my sweet tooth. This delicious “Candy” recipe is super easy to make and keeps in the fridge for about two weeks. I usually make a small batch at a time so that way I don’t eat them all in one sitting. You only need 5 ingredients for these… Here is what you will need.
5 Dates ( pitted and sliced in half but not completely leaving the bottom attached)
peanut butter ( or other types of nut or seed butter)
1 heaping tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp honey or another liquid sweetener
- Take your dates and cut one half of the side of the date to remove the pith and set aside. Do not cut the date completely in half.
- Using a spoon take a little of the nut/seed butter and place on the inside of the date and gently press the date closed but not completely together, leaving the nut/seed butter on the inside. Set aside until all of the dates are done.
- In a small container or bowl combine the melted coconut oil, sweetener of choice and the cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Using a fork place one date on the fork and into the chocolate mixture and move around until all of the dates are completely covered in the chocolate mixture.
- Place on a plate and let chill 10 minutes to set the chocolate on top.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic