This is a super easy and delicious snack (or dessert) I make these when I am craving sweet and salty snack. They are super easy to make and only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. You can make a little or a lot and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Here is what you will need.
2 cups of nuts ( any type will work)
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp vegan butter
pinch of salt
- In a small non-stick skillet melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the nuts into the pan along with the salt.
- Stir to mix well. Cook about 2 minutes just to heat the nuts so the butter sticks to them.
- Place on a parchment paper lined pan and allow to cool about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut oil, sweetener and cacao powder and combine until well mixed.
- Add the nuts to the chocolate mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the nuts back on the lined pan until all are evenly coated.
- Place the pan in the fridge for about 5 minutes to firm up the chocolate on the nuts.
- Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until ready to eat.