Hello, My Friends,
Today I am posting a wonderful pasta dish that you are going to truly love. It is so delicious and filling. It has fresh vegetables, Spaghetti pasta, and sauce. It is a very travel-friendly dish so you can take it on the go or to school. You can eat it hot or cold. It is delicious either way. So let’s get on to the recipe.
1 lb Spaghetti
1 pint of mushrooms, quartered
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 lb fresh spinach
2 cups pasta sauce ( of choice)
1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
salt and pepper (optional)
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1 tsp thyme leaves
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add in the pasta. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes and drain. Do not rinse. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add the coconut oil. Over medium-high heat add in the onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and thyme. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or until the mushrooms get soft.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce and about 1/4 cup water, and nutritional yeast. Toss to coat well. Cook for about 3-4 minutes to marry the flavors together.
- Add the pasta and toss well to coat.
- Place in a serving dish and top with more nutritional yeast.