I hope everyone is feeling their healthiest today. Today I am going to talking to you about superfoods and how they can affect your body. I know everyone is on a superfood kick lately so I picked out 25 superfoods that I thought would benefit vegans and non-vegans alike. I know that some people eat paleo, keto, vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian and have more of a meat consumption diet. With any of those diets, you can get in more vitamins and minerals by consuming superfoods. Not only are these superfoods tasty they are very good for you. They do all sorts of things for your body. They aid in digestion, help with your respiratory system, your sinuses, your gut, and just make you feel energized and healthy. So let’s get on with these fantastic superfoods.
- MACA POWDER: With maca powder, you can take this and see many benefits. In men, it reduces erectile dysfunction. It boosts energy and endurance. Increase in infertility. It boosts your mood. reduces blood pressure. reduces sun damage and it fights free radicals. Not only this but it also helps regulate your hormones so you feel more like you during your period.
- BEE POLLEN: Being considered one of natures most complete food these little granules are packed with vitamins and minerals. It is a natural allergy relief. It is antibacterial and antifungal. It strengthens capillaries, Reduces inflammation, Stimulates the immune systems and lowers cholesterol.
- KELP SEAWEED: A great source of Iodine which helps promote growth and development, Helps protect against some types of cancers, Supports a healthy thyroid, and helps maintain a healthy brain.
- CAMU CAMU: An excellent source of antioxidants. Enhances physical performance. Guards against cancer. Supports healthy blood pressure. Aids in the treatment of gout. Improves cardiovascular health. Aids in weight loss. Reduces risk of diabetes and increases liver health.
- HE SHOU WU or FO-TI: Hair loss and Hair color. Liver and kidney health. Reproductive tonic. Regularity and ends constipation. Detoxifier and immune booster. Helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Aids in stopping excessive bleeding.
- HEMP SEEDS: These little seeds have a great number of healthy fats. Contains 10 essential amino acids. A great source of protein. Contains magnesium.
- ALOE VERA: contains antioxidant and antibacterial properties. aids in the healing of burns. reduces dental plaque. Help treat canker sores. Reduces constipation. Helps improve skin and wrinkles. lowers blood sugar levels. This also helps moisturize the skin.
- GOJI BERRIES: An excellent source of antioxidants. may have anti-aging benefits. May help prevent cancer growth. Improves blood sugar control. aids in weight loss. Helps improve cholesterol levels.
- SPIRULINA: A great source of protein. improves energy, eye, brain and nerve functions. Very rich in iron. A great source of calcium. It has lots of Omega-3. Powerful antioxidants. Helps remove heavy metals. Helps with muscles and endurance.
- REISHI MUSHROOMS: Can be used for boosting the immune system, viral infections such as the flu, swine flu, and avian flu; lung conditions including asthma and bronchitis. Heart disease and contributing conditions such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol. kidney disease; cancer; and liver disease.
- CHLORELLA: It is a good source of several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Research shows that it could help shuttle toxins out of your body and improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels, among other health benefits such as enhancing your immune system. Improving cholesterol. Regulates blood pressure. Helps with blood sugar levels. aids in respiratory problems. Helps with energy and athletic endurance.
- MORINGA LEAF: It has loads of antioxidants. Helps lower blood sugar levels. Helps reduce inflammation. Helps lower cholesterol. May help with arsenic toxicity. Rich in vitamins and minerals.
- MINT: Aids with Indigestion and gas: Mint is used as a calming and soothing herb that has been used for thousands of years to aid with upset stomach or indigestion. Although mint is thought to increase bile secretion and encourage bile flow, which helps to speed and ease digestion (and which may also support healthy cholesterol levels)
- MATCHA: Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg. it helps boost metabolism and burns calories. Aids in Detoxifying the body effectively and naturally. Calms the mind and relaxes the body. Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll, and vitamins. Enhances mood and aids in concentration.
- WHEATGRASS: helps to provide a concentrated amount of nutrients, including iron, calcium, magnesium, amino acids, chlorophyll, and vitamins A, C and E. Wheatgrass is rich in nutrient content that helps boosts immunity, kills harmful bacteria in the digestive system, and rids the body of wastes.
- ASHWAGANDHA: It’s an Ancient Medicinal Herb that can help Reduce Blood Sugar Levels. It Has Anti cancer Properties. It Can Reduce Cortisol Levels. It May Help Reduce stress and anxiety. it May help Reduce Symptoms of depression. It Can help Boost Testosterone and Increase Fertility in Men. It May help Increase Muscle Mass and strength.
- TUMERIC: contains bioactive compounds which have been used as very powerful medicinal agents. It is anti-inflammatory. Helps increase the antioxidant capacity of the body. Helps improve brain function and aids in lowering brain diseases. It can help lower the effects of heart disease. It can help prevent some cancers. May help prevent Alzheimer’s and aids in the treatment. Aids in lowering the effects of arthritis. Helps fight depression and has been used as an anti-aging factor.
- LEMON: It promotes hydration. It’s a good source of vitamin C. It improves your skin quality. It supports and aids in weight loss. It aids digestion. It freshens breath. It helps prevent kidney stones. Helps fight against free radicals.
- BEETS: It helps regulate blood sugar levels. Improves athletic endurance. Helps fight inflammation. Supports digestive health. Supports brain health. Has cancer-fighting properties and may help you lose weight.
- MONK FRUIT: High in antioxidants. Promotes weight loss and weight management. Improves liver function and may help fight against some cancers. Fights against allergies. Reduces blood sugar, cholesterol, and lower triglycerides.
- CACAO: Very high in antioxidants. A good source of iron. High in magnesium for brain health. High in calcium for the growth of bones and hair. Has been known to show anti-depression properties.
- CAROB: Has many of the same properties and flavor of cacao. High in antioxidants. It contains calcium. High in fiber and gluten-free. Helps relieve diarrhea. It also contains no caffeine.
- SACHA INCHI: Sacha inchi is rich in protein, Omega-3, -6, and -9, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin E, and vitamin A, and fiber. Its unique collection of nutrients provide notable benefits for the body. It helps Controls cholesterol. Sacha inchi lowers BAD cholesterol (LDL) and raises GOOD cholesterol (HDL).
- LUCUMA: Lucuma was praised by the Inca. A Peruvian fruit that contains beta-carotene, iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium, and protein. Its maple-like taste makes it a sweet addition to smoothies, baked goods, and even on ice cream. Helps create glowing skin. Rich in antioxidants. Aids in fighting free radicals and helps with anti-aging. Helps prevent anemia. High in vitamins and minerals which can help fight against diseases. It has loads of calcium to help with bones, hair and muscle strength. Helps with hypertension. aids in your body to heal itself.
- ACAI BERRY: Acai is very nutrient dense. High in antioxidants. May help in reducing cholesterol levels. May have cancer-fighting properties. Helps improve brain function.
Now you have 25 awesome superfoods that you can add into your diet. WIth any superfood that you add to your diet, you can get numerous vitamins and minerals. Some of these you can find in your local grocery store, health food store or online. You can buy these on sites such as IHERB Or THRIVE MARKET where they are a lot cheaper than regular stores.
So no matter if you are vegan or non-vegan you have options that you can add into your diet. Keep in mind that no matter if you are vegan or non-vegan you might be B-12 deficient and may need to take a supplement to boost this vitamin in your body.