This recipe is a very delicious burger recipe. They are very easy to make and are very flavorful. I adore this burger recipe. It requires a little prep time but nothing too out of the way to do. They are oil free and possibly salt-free. You can omit the salt if you so choose to do so.
1 can black beans ( drained and rinsed)
1 medium-size sweet potato ( peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces)
2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp flax meal plus 6 tbsp water mix and set aside)
1/2 onion ( diced into small pieces)
1 cup oat flour
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
bbq sauce ( any vegan brand or style of your choice or you can make your own)
- Preheat your oven to 400*. Peel and dice your sweet potato and your onion and place on a parchment lined or Silpat lined sheet pan. Bake until just tender but not yet brown. Should be just fork tender, This should take about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water and set aside to gel.
- Drain and rinse your black beans and place into a large bowl. Using your hand or a fork smash the beans until smooth but leave a few beans slightly smashed.
- Using a fork or a processor smash the sweet potato and add to the beans along with the onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together. I use my hands to do this as it makes things a lot easier to mix.
- using a 1/2 cup measuring cup measure out the batter and shape into patties. Place on an oiled or lined sheet pan about 2 inches apart. Turn the oven down to 375*.
- Baste one side of the patties with bbq sauce and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully flip the patties over and baste the other side with bbq sauce. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Place on a serving tray and serve as you would any other burger.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. You can add more or fewer spices to your liking.
2 thoughts on “BBQ Blackbean And Sweet Potato Burgers”
That is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Brief but very precise information… Thank you for sharing this one.
A must read post!
Thank you. I am so glad that you enjoy it. I love reading all of your comments.