Today I bring to you a very simple and very delicious raw broccoli slaw. It is light, crisp, crunchy and full of bright flavors. This slaw is very easy and simple to put together and you can make it up to 12 hours in advance.
1 head of broccoli, cut into chunks
2 large carrots, washed and peeled (peeling is optional)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
5 dates, finely chopped
1 heaping tbsp tahini
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
juice of 1 lemon or lime
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- In a food processor fitted with the shredding attachment, carefully shred the broccoli, carrots, and onion. Scoop into a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and dates and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, tahini, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and lime juice. Whisk to combine well. If the mixture becomes too thick, add 1 tbsp of water at a time to help thin out the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and combine well. Cover with a lid and let sit 2-3 hours before serving.
- You can make this slaw up to 12 hours in advance. You can also serve this right away. Either way you choose it is very delicious.
- You can omit the dates and add in raisins, dried cranberries, goji berries or any other dried fruit you like.
- You can top this on vegan burgers, vegan bbq, or vegan hot dogs or serve on the side of any meal.