Today I bring to you a very simple and very delicious raw broccoli slaw. It is light, crisp, crunchy and full of bright flavors. This slaw is very easy and simple to put together and you can make it up to 12 hours in advance.
1 head of broccoli, cut into chunks
2 large carrots, washed and peeled (peeling is optional)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
5 dates, finely chopped
1 heaping tbsp tahini
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
juice of 1 lemon or lime
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- In a food processor fitted with the shredding attachment, carefully shred the broccoli, carrots, and onion. Scoop into a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and dates and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, tahini, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and lime juice. Whisk to combine well. If the mixture becomes too thick, add 1 tbsp of water at a time to help thin out the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and combine well. Cover with a lid and let sit 2-3 hours before serving.
- You can make this slaw up to 12 hours in advance. You can also serve this right away. Either way you choose it is very delicious.
- You can omit the dates and add in raisins, dried cranberries, goji berries or any other dried fruit you like.
- You can top this on vegan burgers, vegan bbq, or vegan hot dogs or serve on the side of any meal.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic