This is a fantastic recipe. It is decadent, creamy, and so delicious. Keep in mind though, this dish is not a very healthy meal. I usually make this once every month or two. I view this dish as a decadent dish. I do not eat this way every day and I find that indulging sometimes is healthy. Keep this in moderation.
1 lb elbow noodles
3 tbsp vegan butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups vegan beef flavored broth or vegetable stock
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup peas
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
salt and pepper
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- In a large pot over medium heat bring water to a boil for your noodles.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the bell pepper and cook until tender. Add some water to help the cooking process.
- Remove the bell pepper from the pan and add the butter and let melt. Add the flour and whisk together until combined. Slowly add the broth and whisk until smooth and is thickened.
- Add the pasta to the pot of water to cook.
- Add the brown mustard and sour cream to the pan with the sauce and whisk together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the peas and bell pepper and stir to combine. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to heat the peas and bell pepper through. Remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is done add to the sauce in the pan and toss to coat. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Serve!You can serve this dish with crusty bread or a side salad.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic