This is a fantastic recipe. It is decadent, creamy, and so delicious. Keep in mind though, this dish is not a very healthy meal. I usually make this once every month or two. I view this dish as a decadent dish. I do not eat this way every day and I find that indulging sometimes is healthy. Keep this in moderation.
1 lb elbow noodles
3 tbsp vegan butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups vegan beef flavored broth or vegetable stock
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup peas
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
salt and pepper
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- In a large pot over medium heat bring water to a boil for your noodles.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the bell pepper and cook until tender. Add some water to help the cooking process.
- Remove the bell pepper from the pan and add the butter and let melt. Add the flour and whisk together until combined. Slowly add the broth and whisk until smooth and is thickened.
- Add the pasta to the pot of water to cook.
- Add the brown mustard and sour cream to the pan with the sauce and whisk together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the peas and bell pepper and stir to combine. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to heat the peas and bell pepper through. Remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is done add to the sauce in the pan and toss to coat. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Serve!You can serve this dish with crusty bread or a side salad.