These bliss balls are decadent and dessert-like. Very good ingredients and very healthy for you. They are naturally sweetened so there are no added sugars. They are salt-free as well. You can make these oil-free by omitting the coconut oil and adding more dates and almond butter.
I like the flavor of these just as is. they remind me of almond butter cups. Super delicious and they are travel-friendly. So you can pack them up and take them on the go as a snack or an energy bite. Either way, they are the perfect little snack.
1 cup oat flour ( this is just blended oats to form a flour)
3 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
2-3 heaping tbsp almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
12-14 dates (pitted)
1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a food processor combine the oat flour and the cocoa powder and blend until combined.
- Add in the almond butter and blend until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and dates. ( depending on the dates you use or if you soak them beforehand you might not need to use the coconut oil) Pulse to combine. If the mixture is to dry add more dates or you can add the coconut oil.
- Blend until a dough forms. The mixture will be slightly sticky but not wet to the touch. It should hold its shape when gently pressed together. If you find the dough is still to dry add more almond butter 1 tbsp at a time. You should not need it.
- When the mixture is combined scoop out 1 to 2 tbsp of the mixture and roll into balls. Place in a dish. Cover and keep cool in the fridge.
This recipe should make between 8 to 10 balls depending on how big you make them. You can roll these into cocoa powder, chopped fine nuts of choice or coconut. Either way, they are addicting. Enjoy!