This is a super simple recipe for peach cobbler. I have made this so many times over the years I can probably make it with my eyes closed. Lol. With this recipe, you can use fresh, frozen, or canned fruit of your choosing and it always turns out delicious. The only thing you have to switch out is the fruit. Everything else stays the same.
This recipe, in particular, is a recipe that my mom made, my dad made, and even my grandmother made the exact same way. And who knows, maybe even my great-grandmother and so on and so on. I’d like to think so anyway. lol.
So grab a bowl and a whisk and let’s make some easy-peasy old-fashioned peach cobbler.
4 Peaches – poached, peeled, seeded and sliced ( or 1 large can of peaches- drained)
1 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1/4 C. butter – melted and cooled slightly
1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
1 Egg – room temperature
1 C. milk – room temperature
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
1/2 Tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. Sugar ( I use raw cane sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350* and butter a 9×12 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the sugar, milk, vanilla, butter, and egg. Whisk until it is just combined, the flour is moistened, and the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly place the peaches on top of the batter. Sprinkle over the 3 tbsp of sugar evenly. This will give the top a nice slightly crisp crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cobbler is nice and golden brown on top. Make sure the center is set by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cobbler, and if it comes out clean or with a few wet crumbs, then you are good to go.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- If you do not like peaches you can substitute any other fruit you like. Blueberries blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, mixed berries, OR even chocolate chips.
- Keep in mind that this is an old-fashioned rustic-style cobbler. It is a dense but absolutely delicious one at that.
- Serve with vanilla Ice cream, whipped cream, and fresh fruit.