This easy side dish is perfect for grilled chicken or any of your BBQ dishes during the spring/summer. It is so easy to put together and super affordable. I love whipping up great meals or side dishes straight out of the pantry without making 2 or 3 trips to the grocery store for certain items.
I always have these items on hand stored in my pantry for quick meals. This makes it so much easier to go to the pantry and throw together a meal. So, Let’s get started.
Here is what you will need:
1 box pasta (small shaped pasta) or gnocchi
1 1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk (or chicken broth)
4 tbsp butter ( can use 2 tbsp)
4 cloves garlic- minced
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup parmesan cheese – grated or shaved
1/2 cup prepared pesto – any brand will do
- To a large pot of boiling water add 1 tbsp salt and stir to dissolve. Add the pasta and stir. Cook until al dente.
- When The pasta is almost done to al dente, to a large skillet over medium heat, add the cream and milk and heat until warmed through.
- Turn the heat to low and add the pesto, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with your favorite protein of choice such as grilled chicken.
- Serve with grilled chicken on the side or toss with the pasta.
- You can serve with grilled or sauteed mushrooms if this is something that you prefer. We love grilling up some bella mushrooms and adding them to the pasta instead of chicken. (sometimes)
- You can adjust the measurements of this dish easily to fit your family. You can half or even double this recipe.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic