Corn pudding is a simple yet delicious side dish that is perfect for any family night or Holiday table. This recipe was handed down to me by my grandmother. I have changed nothing except the use of canned corn and canned cream-style corn. My grandmother always canned fresh corn and fresh creamed-style corn. I find that it is more convenient to just grab a can or two at the store. It is easy and tastes just as good.
let’s get started…
1/2 cup butter ( 1 stick) melted and cooled
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs – room temp
1/2 cup milk – room temp
1/2 cup cream – room temp
2 tbsp buttermilk – room temp
1 can whole corn – drained and rinsed
1 can cream-style corn
salt and pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Grease or butter an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk together well. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the butter, eggs, milk, cream, and buttermilk.
- Pour the wet into the dry and whisk until just combined.
- Add the corn and cream-style corn and stir to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Let stand for 10 minutes. This allows the cornmeal to absorb some of the liquid.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. The center should be slightly jiggly but not liquidy. The top should be golden brown.
- Remove and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the center to set and finish cooking.
- You can watch my video if you need to.
- Add some jalpeno’s for a spicy bite. It is so good.
- Add a cup of cheddar cheese for a cheesy bite.
- Want to keep up with what I am doing? follow me on instagram.