This recipe is so easy and delicious it really shouldn’t be a recipe at all. I recently shared this on a “What’s For Dinner” on my channel and I figured I would just add it to my blog just in case anyone wants the recipe. This is one of those really easy, simple, hearty meals that takes no time at all to put together. It is like a simple spaghetti but different. ya know. lol.
Let’s get to it.
1 Box Penne Pasta ( any small pasta will do)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb. Italian Sausage
1 Onion – diced
1 Jar Pasta Sauce ( your favorite- we use victoria’s tomato basil)
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese – shaved or grated
1 Tsp Parsley
1/2 Tsp Basil
Salt And Pepper – to taste
2-3 C. Mozzarella Cheese – grated
1 Tsp Garlic – minced
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add about 1 tbsp of salt. Stir and add the pasta. Stir again. Cook until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
- In the meantime, To a large oven safe skillet over medium low heat, add the oil, sausage and onion. Gently break apart the sausage and cook until there is no more pink and the onions are tender. This should take about 10 minutes or so. Make sure the meat is completely cooked through.
- Add the garlic, italian seasoning, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta sauce and stir together until everything is well combined. Add the pasta and gently stir together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. * If you do do not have an oven safe skillet you can add everything to a greased 9×13 casserole dish.*
- Once everything is well mixed together, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and then the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with either crusty bread or garlic bread.
- Serve with a side salad with a light vinaigrette.
- If you want it more saucy, use less pasta.
- Add as much cheese as you want.
One thought on “Easy Pasta Bake”