Chicken noodle soup is one of my all-time favorite soups. It’s classic. You can not go wrong with making a huge pot of this soup. It is just so good. There is just something about this soup that just warms the soul.
So, let’s quit yapping and get to the recipe. lol
1 Onion – Diced
3 Carrots – Peeled And Diced
3 Celery Stalks – Diced
8 C. Chicken Broth
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Rosemary
1/2 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 Tsp Parsley
Salt And Pepper – to taste
2 Chicken Breasts – boneless – skinless
8 oz. Egg Noodles
Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- To the crockpot add the chicken, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, half the lemon juice, poultry seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken when completely cooked through. Shred and place back into the crock pot.
- Add the egg noodles and stir. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the noodles are tender.
- Just before serving, add the other half of the lemon juice and stir. Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
- You can serve this as is OR with crusty bread or crackers on the side.
- You can add more veggies if you like.
- You can add rice (3/4 cup) if you prefer. Just rinse before adding it to the soup. Cook for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Lemon juice is opitonal.