We all love taco night…Right? Well, we do and I love to switch it up. This is one of our favorite ways to switch it up. They are so easy and so tasty you are going to love switching up your taco night with these taco baked potatoes. You can dress these up in the same way you would any taco and it is just….. yumm.
4 to 6 large potatoes – cleaned and pierced with a fork
1 lb ground beef
1 onion – roughly chopped
1 bell pepper – roughly chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup beef broth
Toppings of choice
- If you have an Instant pot use it.. lol. it makes baked potatoes so easy. Place one cup of water into the instant pot. Place in the trivet. Add the potatoes on top of the trivet. Attach the lid and set to seal. Hit the manual button and set time to 15/20 minutes. Let it natural release. Remove carefully and cut a slit down the center. Cover with foil to keep warm. Set aside. If you want to bake them, cover the outside with oil and place on a sheet tray. Pierce with a fork and bake at 400 until the potatoes are tender. About 40 to 50 minutes. depending on the size of the potatoes.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet over medium heat add the the ground beef, onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is cooked through and the onions and peppers are tender. Drain off any excess grease from the ground beef.
- Place back into the pan and add in the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes, oregano, and paprika. Stir to combine and let cook for 1 minute to bloom the spices. Add in the beef broth and cook until the liquid has reduced. This should take about 5 to 10 minutes. remove from heat.
- TO ASSEMBLE- Place a cut baked potato on a plate, Add in the ground beef, and any of your favorite toppings that you like. (lettuce, tomato, olives, cheddar cheese, salsa, scallions, avocado/guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce, etc)
- You can sub the ground beef for ground chicken or turkey to make it a bit more lean and a healthier option.
- The sky is the limit on the toppings that you can add. Add a little or a lot of your favorite taco toppings.