This recipe is a more elegant take on the chocolate chip cookie. They are soft, fluffy and so delicious. The lemon paired with the white chocolate chips are out of this world! I love making these around the Holidays for a bright and fresh flavor on our dessert table. Not only are these cookies great for the Holidays, they are great all year round and brings a bit of flair to your dessert menu.
So let’s get right in to it.
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp fine salt
1 stick unsalted butter – room temp
1 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
2 eggs – room temp
- preheat the oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a sil-pat.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the butter and sugar and beat until fluffy and well combined. Add the eggs 1 at a time until well combined. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and gently fold together to combine well. Add the chocolate chips and gently fold them in.
- Scoop the dough on to the baking sheet using either a ice cream scoop or two spoons. Make sure to spread them out so they do not touch when they spread out whilst baking. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown on top. Do not over bake as you want these cookies to stay cake like. They will harden slightly while cooling.
- Remove and let cool 1 to 2 minutes on the pan and then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or a decorative cookie jar for a beautiful display of delicious cookies.
they are travel friendly so they will travel well to your destination. If you want to add a more colorful flair to your cookies add some soft crushed peppermint to your batter as well for a beautiful Christmas cookie.