As It turns into the cooler weather, we are all gearing up for all things pumpkin spice. We wait all year just for these flavors.
I have just the recipe to curb that pumpkin spice craving. It is subtle on the pumpkin and the pumpkin spice is smooth and not over powering. It is smooth and creamy. It is absolutely delicious. Now, If you are not an Iced Coffee person you can certainly make this hot. It is so simple to make and it is packed with that wonderful flavor we wait all year for. So let’s get right into it!
11/2 c. water
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. 100% pure pumpkin ( do not use pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Cold Brew – Any kind will do. You can make your own or buy at your local grocer ( to see how I make mine check out my video on my channel- The Southern Rustic)
1/2 c. half and half (per serving)
- In a sauce pan combine the water, both sugars, pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together and bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temp. At this point you can store in an airtight container in the fridge. This will keep for about 2 weeks in the fridge.
- In a small jar add your half and half. Using a hand held frother, froth the milk and set aside. If you have an electric frother you can use it as well .
- Add ice to a tall glass and pour as much simple syrup in as to your taste. Fill the glass 3/4 of the way up with your cold brew and top with your frothed milk. Sprinkle on some pumpkin pie spice for good measure and enjoy!
- If you want a hot latte instead of an iced latte you can certainly heat up the simple syrup in a pot on low heat or pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Omit the ice and just pour hot coffee in a mug and top with simple syrup and frothed milk. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice for good measure and enjoy!
Either way you make it, it is so good!