The All American Meal… Burgers. Everyone has their own take on the burger patty. Since going plant-based I often missed out on the family favorite, Then I found black bean burgers. They are so filling and delicious. They are meat free, dairy free and oil free making it so good for you and, they are easy to make. These burgers offer a lot of flavors so you won’t miss out on those other burgers.
2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
2 tbsp flax seed
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
2/3 tsp onion powder
2/3 tsp garlic powder
2/3 tsp cumin
1/3 tsp chili powder
1/3 smoked paprika
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp pepper
2/3 tsp sriracha -optional-
2/3 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 375*. Make sure to drain and rinse your black beans really well before using.
- in a food processor combine all of the ingredients and pulse until it becomes together and is thick. Leave a few chunks of black beans to make a better consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Silpat. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Roll the bean mixture into 2 inch thick patties and place on the baking sheet pan.
- Bake the patties for 35 minutes and remove from the oven and gently flip the patties over. Cook for another 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
You can serve these as regular burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and pickles or you can serve over rice with spinach and sauce to make a delicious dinner bowl. I like both.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic