This is a very light but filling sheet pan dinner. I love switching up the vegetables every time I make it. Sometimes I use zucchini, carrots, and squash OR a more hearty vegetable like sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and carrots. Whatever kind of vegetable you prefer to use, this is absolutely delicious.
Let’s get started
Vegetables of choice (2 cups per vegetable)
1 tsp Thyme
Salt and pepper
1 tsp rubbed sage
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp apple cider
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp butter
1 tsp whole-grain mustard
2 to 6 Salmon filets
- Preheat the oven to 425*. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Peel, seed, and chop the vegetables. Place them on the sheet tray.
- Add the oil, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
- Roast in the oven until slightly tender and lightly golden. About 20 to 25 minutes. Depending on the vegetables the cooking time will vary.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan combine the syrup, cider, vinegar, butter, and mustard. Whisk to combine well. Bring to a boil and turn the heat to low and simmer until reduced. About 5 minutes or so.
- Flip the vegetables over and add the salmon skin side down. Brush the salmon with the prepared maple sauce.
- Place back in the oven and cook for another 15 to 25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and the salmon is also cooked through.
- Turn the oven off and remove it.
- Turn the broiler on high and broil the salmon and veggies until lightly caramelized. About 1 to 3 minutes. Be sure to keep your eye on it as it will burn rather quickly.
- Remove and serve.
- If you want to add more bulk to this you can serve this with a side salad, rice, or quinoa.
- You can omit the vegetables and add rice or quinoa and have a salad on the side. The salmon is quite versatile and you can serve it however you desire.
- I also love making just the salmon and making a cooked “poke” style bowl and drizzle over the maple sauce. It is so good.
- You can also check out my youtube channel to see how I make this recipe among so many others. Just go to my main page and click on my social media accounts page. From there you can check out my accounts.