This is one of the easiest and most delicious pasta dishes I have had the liberty to create. This mixes the viral “Feta Pasta” and a “Truffle Brie Pasta”. It is absolutely delicious. And did I mention it is super easy to make? You can easily double or triple this recipe to fit your family.
Let’s get started.
1/2 box of Pasta – any small style pasta will do here. I love using the penne pasta.
1 small container of cherry tomatoes- rinsed
1 pkg of brie cheese- top removed and cut in half width-wise
salt and pepper – to taste
2 sprigs of rosemary – removed from the stem- not chopped
basil – torn
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp white or black truffle oil ( do not add more than this as it will overpower the dish)
1/3 cup of cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350* and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Add the brie, tomatoes, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil to the dish. You can toss the tomatoes to make sure they are coated well in the oil and seasoning.
- Bake (uncovered) for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of salt and stir to dissolve. Add your pasta and cook per pkg directions. Drain. Set aside.
- When the brie and tomatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and stir to combine the brie and tomatoes. Add the truffle oil, cream, and pasta. Stir until the pasta is well coated in the melted cheese sauce. Add the torn basil and stir to combine well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Serve as desired.
- The brie mixed with the cream and tomatoes makes for the perfect sauce that is creamy and delicious.
- The truffle oil adds a little punch of flavor that is quite mellow and smooth. Depending on which oil you add (white or black truffle oil) will determine the robustness of the truffle flavor. Adding more than 1 tsp tends to overpower this dish and make the mellowness of the truffle oil overpowering to the cream and brie. A little certainly goes a long way with truffle oil.
- You can use any style of short pasta that you like or have on hand. I am sure it will work well with longer kinds of pasta such as spaghetti or fettuccini if that is all you have on hand to use. It will taste just as delicious.
- Top this delicious pasta with grated parmesan for an extra burst of cheesiness.