If you are looking for a super easy and quite tasty side for all of your summer meals then this corn salad is for you. It is served chilled which makes for the perfect light and airy side for all of your family BBQs. It is so simple and so easy but absolutely delicious. With a few simple ingredients like fresh, frozen, or canned corn, you can turn it into a yummy side.
No this is something that I grew up eating throughout the summer months when the corn was fresh. I have so many fond memories of this side dish being served. My grandmother and also my father served this at Christmas dinner. However, if you decide to serve this up it is certainly a blast from the past.
2 1/2 c corn
salt and pepper- to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add 1 cup of corn to a blender and blend until smooth. (see below)
- In a bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the corn, creamed corn, salt, pepper, and cream to a bowl and gently fold together until well combined. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Cover with plastic or a lid and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- You can use 1 can of canned corn kernels and 1 can of creamed corn if this is more easily assessable to you. I do this when I do not have frozen or fresh corn on hand and it is equally delicious.
- If you prefer you can add a bit of garlic powder for extra flavor. This dish is meant to be light and airy and not heavily seasoned. It is meant to let the flavor of the corn come through. It is simply delicious.
- DO NOT vigorously stir this side dish as you want the whipped cream to stay airy. You don’t want the cream to lose that light texture.