We love teriyaki turkey rice bowls and this is our favorite way to make it. It is so easy, delicious, and on your table in under 30 minutes. It has a lot of vegetables and does not skimp on flavor. However you serve this up, you will love it.
Let’s get started.
1/2 cup soy sauce (any brand you like will do)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar ( I use half red wine vinegar and black seasoned vinegar)
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion – diced
2 cloves garlic – minced
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup broccoli – chopped small
1 carrot – grated
rice for serving
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, vinegar, saugar, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and water. Mix well to combine and melt the sugar. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil, onion, and ground turkey. Stir to break apart the turkey and cook until the turkey is cooked through and the onion is tender. This should take about 5 to 8 minutes. If your turkey has extra fat in it you can drain it off.
- Add the broccoli, carrot, and the remaining garlic. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes. You don’t want to over cook the broccoli or the carrots. They should hold their color but be slightly tender.
- Add the sauce and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce has thickend. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes depending on how high or low you have your heat. I keep the heat on medium to medium/low.
- Remove from heat and check to see if you need to adjust the seasoning. I usually don’t becuase the soy sauce I use has a nice salty flavor to it. I often omit the salt. If you use salt free soy sauce or coconut aminios you may want to adjust the salt in the dish. This is up to you and your preference.
Serve over white, jasmine, or brown rice. You can also serve in lettuce cups. I serve it on the side.
- you can use your favorite soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- Omit any salt if you are using regular soy sauce. You can adjust the salt at the end if needed.
- You can serve this over cauliflower rice if you are trying to stay away from rice. It is very delicious.
- You can top with your favorite brand of hot sauce.
- You can add pepper to this dish.