This is my play on the “marry me Chicken” dish. It is so easy, delicious, and it is perfect for a date night or a family dinner. I serve this with a loaf of crusty bread and a side salad. This wonderful and delicious pasta dish will be on your table in under 30 minutes.
1/2 box of small pasta ( I use bowtie)
1 tbsp sundried tomato oil (or olive oil)
2 chicken breasts – sliced 1/4 inch slices
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic – minced
3/4 cup chicken broth
12 cup cream
1/3 cup parmesan cheese – grated
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes (in oil) roughly chopped
1 tsp parsley
red pepper flakes – to taste
2 cups fresh spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add about 1 tbsp of salt. Add the pasta, stir, and cook to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, In a large sauce pan, add the tomato oil or olive oil along with the chicken, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat well and cook until the chicken is golden and cooked through. About 5 minutes or so.
- Add the garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, sundried tomatoes, and spinach. Toss and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and the parmesan cheese. Stir together and cook on low (do not boil) for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and toss well to coat. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Serve with a side salad.
- Serve with a loaf of crusty bread along with a bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar mix. This is for dipping the bread. Use a 1 to 1 ratio of oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Can serve warm or cold. It packs well so you can take this to a family get together.
- Top with a sprinkling of more parmesan cheese and a bit of torn basil or fresh parsley.