This is my play on the “marry me Chicken” dish. It is so easy, delicious, and it is perfect for a date night or a family dinner. I serve this with a loaf of crusty bread and a side salad. This wonderful and delicious pasta dish will be on your table in under 30 minutes.
1/2 box of small pasta ( I use bowtie)
1 tbsp sundried tomato oil (or olive oil)
2 chicken breasts – sliced 1/4 inch slices
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic – minced
3/4 cup chicken broth
12 cup cream
1/3 cup parmesan cheese – grated
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes (in oil) roughly chopped
1 tsp parsley
red pepper flakes – to taste
2 cups fresh spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add about 1 tbsp of salt. Add the pasta, stir, and cook to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, In a large sauce pan, add the tomato oil or olive oil along with the chicken, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat well and cook until the chicken is golden and cooked through. About 5 minutes or so.
- Add the garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, sundried tomatoes, and spinach. Toss and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and the parmesan cheese. Stir together and cook on low (do not boil) for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and toss well to coat. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Serve with a side salad.
- Serve with a loaf of crusty bread along with a bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar mix. This is for dipping the bread. Use a 1 to 1 ratio of oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Can serve warm or cold. It packs well so you can take this to a family get together.
- Top with a sprinkling of more parmesan cheese and a bit of torn basil or fresh parsley.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic
One thought on “Marry Me, Chicken Pasta”