Entertain your guests this Holiday Season or just have a delicious and easy weeknight dessert. This dessert is so easy to make and is my take on strawberry cheesecake and pralines. It makes for a super tasty centerpiece on your Holiday table or your dinner table.
let’s get started.
- 1 1/2 cups salted pretzels – broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) unstalted butter – melted and cooled
- 1 cup pecans – chopped roughly
- 3/4 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries – cubed ( drained well for frozen strawberries)
- 8 oz. cream cheese – room temp- softened
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream – cold
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- In a bowl combine the pretzels, butter, brown sugar, and pecans. Mix until well combined and well coated. Place on a sheet tray that has been lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Spread out evenly on the pan. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden but no longer than 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Gently break apart and reserve 1 cup of the pieces in a bowl. Set both aside for later.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and the granulated sugar. Blend with a hand held blender ( or whisk/stand mixer) until well combined and creamy. With the mixer on low/med-low, slowly add in the heavy whipping cream. Continue to whip until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Add the strawberries and reserved praline mixture ( not the reserved 1 cup) and gently fold in until everything is mixed well.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with the reserved 1 cup praline mixture. Gently cover with plastic or a lid and chill for 1 to 4 hours or up to 12/24 hours.
- serve cold.
- If you do not like nuts or can not have nuts you can substitute with sunflower seeds. I would use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of sunflower seeds.
- If you do not like strawberries you can try blueberries, peaches, or raspberries.
- This works well with 1/3 fat, reduced fat, 1/2 fat, or full fat cream cheese. I have used them all and they are all equally delicious.
- You can easily double this recipe for fit a bigger family or a large crowd/get together.
- You can make these in individual serving cups for a single serving for parties or get togethers.
- This will last about 5 days in the fridge.