When It comes to to easy and decadent..you can not get more easy and decadent than rocky road. It has all of the flavors in one single delicious piece. In my “Easy Rocky Road” (recipe one) I pair sweet and salty to make the perfect crunchy and creamy bite. It makes for a great gift or a delicious addition to any dessert table.
I guess this is why we love these so much. You can put almost anything in them and they turn out delicious. I have quite a few rocky road recipes that I will be sharing with you all in the future. For now, we will start out with this yummy recipe.
So, Let’s get started.
250g Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
120g Butter – Room Temp
30g Golden Syrup – ( I use golden eagle brand)
1/3 C. Honey Roasted Peanuts
70g Biscoff Sandwich Cookies- Roughly Chopped
40g Mini Marshmallows
1/3 C. Pretzel Sticks – Roughly Broken Into Pieces
- Line a 7×7 inch square pan with parchment and lightly butter the parchment to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a double boiler ( a sauce pan with simmering water with a bowl on top- make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl) add the chocolate chips, butter, and golden syrup. Stir with a rubber spatula until everything is completely melted. Carefully remove the bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes on the counter. This will help stop the chocolate from melting any other ingredients.
- Add the peanuts, biscoff cookies, marshmallows, and pretzels to a large bowl and toss everything together.
- When the chocolate is cool enough go ahead and pour over the chocolate on to the marshmallow mixture and toss everything together. Make sure all of the pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared dish and level out all of the mixture, making sure that all of the pieces are evenly distributed in the dish.
- Place in the fridge to chill 4 to 6 hours or overnight to make sure everything is completely set. When ready remove from the dish and remove the parchment. Cut into 2 in by 2 inch squares and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you can not find the biscoff sandwich cookies, you can use the plain biscoff cookies. If you can find neither use graham cracker pieces. It will give a slightly different flavor but it is a great substitute.
- If you are allergic to/or do not like peanuts you can use other types of nuts, pine nuts or sunflower seeds. Or leave them out completely, Just double another ingredient.
- You don’t have to use the plain white marshmallows. Add in the pastel colors or the chocolate ones for a different flavor profile.
- If you do not like pretzels, add in your favorite candy bar or candy pieces ( kit kat, m & m’s, snickers, or others) I love the saltiness the pretzels give.
- No, you can not leave out the golden syrup because this is what gives the creamy texture so you are not trying to bite into hard chocolate. You can substitute if for honey or agave. It will alter to flavor but will still do the same thing “texture wise”. I have not tried the honey/sugar free substitute so I can not tell you how that would work.
- You can reserve 1/3 of the mixture before adding to the marshmallow mixture and pour over the top after you mixed everything together. Spread it out evenly over the top and then chill. Here is how: Reserve 1/3 of the chocolate mixture. Set aside. Pour the remaining chocolate over the marshmallow mixture and combine. Pour into dish as above directions. Chill 30 minutes. Pour over the reserved chocolate mixture and level offf the top. Chill until completely set. Follow remaining directions.
- Everything pairs really well in this recipe but do not fret friends, The sky is the limit and you add what you want. I highly recommend trying this first (unless allergic then sub out).
- If you want to check out the video check the link below. Please subscribe while you’re there so you can get all of my step-by-step recipe videos. We’d love to have you be part of our youtube family.