Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring….That is when these delicious tacos come into play. They are easy to make, packs a lot of flavor and are on the healthier side. They are slightly spicy, fresh, light and absolutely delicious.
I will list each portion in its own section so you are not bombarded with a tons of ingredients.
1 to 2 tbsp chipotle peppers- pureed
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tbsp garlic – minced
1 tsp parsley or cilantro
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb Beef thinly sliced
1 pkg street tacos
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients except the oil and taco shells. Mix well and set aside for about 20 minutes.
PICO DE GALLO:
1/2 red onion- finely diced
1 to 2 tomatoes- diced small
2 tbsp parsley or cilantro – diced
2 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 Jalapeno pepper- seeded and diced small
- combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and cover with a lid. Let stand 20 minutes.
1 cup sour cream
3 tbsp lime juice
- combine the ingredients in a bowl and cover with a lid. Let stand until ready to use.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, add 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan. Add in the beef and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the beef is cooked through. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- At this point you can pour the sauce that is left in the pan into a bowl and brush onto your tacos or you can dip the tacos into the sauce. It is up to you. I like to brush the sauce onto the tacos before adding in the other toppings.
- brush or dip the tacos into the the sauce. Add in your beef, pico de gallo and top with the lime cream.
- you can sub the beef for chicken, pork, turkey or other. I have made this with tofu and it works just fine.
- You can sub the sour cream for a vegan version if you like.
- You can add lettuce and cheese if that is something you would want to do. Make it your own.
- You can toast the tacos to crisp them up for more of a crunch or you can use flour tortillas as well.
- Serve these delicious tacos with a side salad or veggies to keep it light, however, you can serve them with any side you prefer.