Alright, guys… If you love jalapeno poppers then you are going to absolutely love these. If you have a certain person in your family that simply doesn’t like spicy food then make them these. They are going to fall in love with them. They are so delicious.
I spent days experimenting with these little guys and this is the recipe that our family loves. It is simple, not a lot of ingredients but it packs a lot of flavor. also, guys, This recipe has bacon and it is keto-friendly. You can have these for a side dish, snack, main meal or as an appetizer. Whatever your little heart desires. So let’s just get right into it.
4 medium to large poblano peppers (seeded and halved)
1 pkg of cream cheese ( room temp)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp tony’s cajun seasoning ( or less if you are not into spice)
8 slices of bacon (room temp)
- Preheat your oven to 425*.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients except the bacon and the peppers. Combine well until all ingredients are mixed together very well. Set aside.
- Cut your peppers in half and pull out the seeds and ribs of the peppers. You can also remove the stems if you like. I usually keep mine on as this helps to keep the peppers together during the cooking process but is completely not nessacery.
- Using a spoon, spoon the mixture into the peppers evenly. You may have to take some from others peppers to evenly distribute the mix throughout the other peppers.
- Now take your bacon and wrap your peppers with the bacon. You can lay the bacon on top or completely wrap the bacon around the entire pepper. Whichever you prefer.
- Place the peppers on a sil-pat lined pan or line the pan with foil and lightly oil the pan with oil spray. This helps to keep the peppers from sticking to the pan.
- Pop the peppers in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking and the peppers are soft.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- you can double up on the filling if you want.
- You can sprinkly on cayenne pepper to the top of the filling before wrapping with bacon. This adds a bit more spice if you are into spicy food. You can also add this to the mix as well.
- If you want a different spice you can chop up jalapeno peppers and add them to the mix before stuffing the peppers.
- Add in some pulled brisket to the mix for completely different flavor.
We have tried all variations and they are all so delicious. If you make these please let me know how you like them. You can also post pictures to your instagram and tag me in your post. You can use the tag @crewsketo or @crewsfamilyvibes. I would love to see how you make these. I hope you enjoy.
Made With Love