What is more refreshing in the summertime than a cold glass of lemonade? Nothing in my book. There is just something about the sweet and tangy taste of it.
You can make all sorts of lemonade from strawberry, blueberry all the way to more exotic types like mango and kiwi. Either way, I think they are all delicious.
This is my recipe for our favorite lemonade. Blueberry Lemonade. So sweet, tangy and refreshing. You and your family will be sure to love it. So let’s get into what you will need to make it.
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups of lemon juice (if you are using the bottle kind) 2 1/4 cups if using fresh lemons
2 cups of sugar
3 cups hot water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add in your blueberries, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Bring this mixture to a boil and let it boil for about 8 minutes. 15 minutes in total from adding to pan to finished product.
- Turn the heat off and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime. In a pitcher combine the lemon juice, sugar, and hot water. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- When the blueberry mixture is cool, Pour it through a mesh strainer and press out all of the liquid into the lemon mixture.
- Add the remaining water to fill and give it a stir. Let chill in the fridge until ready to serve.You can serve this room temp with ice or chilled. It is delicious either way. I take this on family outings and gatherings during the summer and I always make double batches or sometimes even triple batches. It is just that good. The color is super cute for girl baby showers or events. Sometimes For showers, I add in a little vanilla ice cream for a whole new take on it. It is so delicious. You can plop in a few frozen blueberries and a lemon wedge and dress this drink up. Or you can add a shot or two of liquor for an adult beverage. I keep ours family friendly. But you do you!