This is a family favorite and we never have leftovers when I make this meal. When you have all of the ingredients prepped and ready to go this meal goes really fast. * check out my recipe for chipotle pulled pork and quick pickled onions and beets* Yes there is a lot of cooking involved but it is well worth the effort. All of the ingredients needs do not take much effort just a lot of waiting. Here is what you will need:
1/2 of the prepped chipotle pulled pork
1 pkg of sweet Hawaiian rolls ( slider rolls) cut in half from top to bottom to make a sandwich style
1/4 block cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 block mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 bbq sauce of choice ( i use sweet baby rays original)
oil spray of choice
quick pickled onions and beets
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl combine the pulled pork and the bbq sauce and toss to coat well.
- In an oven-safe dish spray with oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the bottom buns in the dish and place the cheddar cheese on the bottom bun.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the cheese and evenly spread it out.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture evenly.
- Place the quick pickled onions and beets on top of the cheese and top with the top of the buns.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from the oven and cover to help disperse the heat to help soften the buns.
- Using a spatula carefully separate the buns but leave in the pan. this just helps you to pull them apart more easily when you are ready to eat.
Serve with any sides you like but, I serve mine with cabbage slaw and baked beans.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic
One thought on “Cheesy BBQ Pork Sliders”
Excellent site you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find high
quality writing like yours these days. I seriously appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!! http://trimm.com/__media__/js/netsoltrademark.php?d=california-broker-one.com%2F__media__%2Fjs%2Fnetsoltrademark.php%3Fd%3Dscr888.group