This is a family favorite and we never have leftovers when I make this meal. When you have all of the ingredients prepped and ready to go this meal goes really fast. * check out my recipe for chipotle pulled pork and quick pickled onions and beets* Yes there is a lot of cooking involved but it is well worth the effort. All of the ingredients needs do not take much effort just a lot of waiting. Here is what you will need:
1/2 of the prepped chipotle pulled pork
1 pkg of sweet Hawaiian rolls ( slider rolls) cut in half from top to bottom to make a sandwich style
1/4 block cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 block mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 bbq sauce of choice ( i use sweet baby rays original)
oil spray of choice
quick pickled onions and beets
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl combine the pulled pork and the bbq sauce and toss to coat well.
- In an oven-safe dish spray with oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the bottom buns in the dish and place the cheddar cheese on the bottom bun.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the cheese and evenly spread it out.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture evenly.
- Place the quick pickled onions and beets on top of the cheese and top with the top of the buns.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from the oven and cover to help disperse the heat to help soften the buns.
- Using a spatula carefully separate the buns but leave in the pan. this just helps you to pull them apart more easily when you are ready to eat.
Serve with any sides you like but, I serve mine with cabbage slaw and baked beans.