This recipe is great for the cooler/colder months. I love making all sorts of soups and stews for the fall/winter. I just feel that it suits the cold winter months very well. I love getting out all of my fall and winter decorations along with all of my thick blankets to snuggle up with during the cold nights.
Here is a recipe you and your family will enjoy this fall/winter. It is very easy to make and does not take long to whip up. You can put everything into the instant pot and set it for 40 minutes and you are done.
1 large sweet potato, diced into large chunks
3 medium size white potato, diced into large chunks
2 cloves garlic. minced
1 onion diced
4 cups vegan (or non-vegan) beef broth
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
3 large carrots cut 1/2 inch thick
4 celery, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
4 bok choy stems and leaves cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 turnip diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tsp oregano
1/4 cup cornstarch
- In a measuring cup combine the broth, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, cornstarch, and oregano. Set aside.
- In the instant-pot add all of the vegetables and pour over the sauce. make sure to stir the sauce before pouring over the veggies because the cornstarch will settle.
- Stir to combine slightly.
- Attach the lid and press the manual button and set it for 40 minutes. Make sure to set the top to seal.
- When the timer is up let the instant-pot naturally release. This should take about 10-15 minutes. Now you are ready to serve.